Legal Careers That Change the Landscape
Looking for a way to make positive change? Our mission-driven law firm might be the right place for you. We focus on representing for-profit and not-for-profit developers in a wide variety of complex real estate transactions, including the development and operation of affordable housing development, community facilities, transitional housing and shelters, charter schools and mixed- use projects under federal, state and city programs.
Since our founding in 1978, we’ve helped bring hundreds of affordable housing and community impact real estate developments to New York City. We work with developers and financial institutions to create deal structures that move developments from the design boards to reality. Our work is at the intersection of real estate, urban planning, architecture, and finance – and we’re often pioneering creative solutions to modern development challenges.
Hirschen Singer & Epstein LLP (“HSE”) is a boutique real estate law firm based in New York City focused on sophisticated commercial transactions involving public/private partnerships and structured financing. We facilitate the success of large-scale affordable housing, mixed-income, market rate and community development projects through creative financial and deal structuring. Our experienced attorneys shape transactions involving real estate development and finance, tax credit syndication, tax exempt bond financing, condominium and cooperative development, nonprofit representation, taxation, and government affairs. We also represent clients in a variety of leasing and purchase and sale transactions.
HSE seeks an attorney with prior commercial real estate transactional experience to join our transactional real estate practice.
- Represent borrowers and developers in all aspects of complex commercial real estate projects, including affordable housing developments financed by low-income housing tax credit equity, tax exempt municipal bonds and private debt.
- Draft and negotiate contracts of sale, commercial leases, operating and joint venture agreements, equity documents, loan documents, regulatory agreements, commercial condominium declarations, construction contracts, architects’ agreements and other documents related to commercial real estate development and finance and affordable housing transactions.
- Advise clients regarding project ownership structure, entity formation and income and property tax exemptions.
- Review and provide comments regarding title and survey documents and other due diligence items.
- Communicate with clients, lenders’ counsel, agencies’ counsel, title companies and other parties effectively and efficiently.
- Work collaboratively and in an organized, detail-oriented manner.
- Admitted to NY State Bar
- 3+ Years of Commercial Real Estate experience
- HSE is open to structuring flexible working arrangements.
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Hirschen Singer & Epstein LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
- Starting $250k + Discretionary bonus
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to EDeljanin@hseny.com.